We have now been happily married for more than 6 months and since I generally like to read tips about anything related to life, wherever I can find them (at least those which make sense), I thought it would be a great idea to share some tips on:
Getting through the first 6 months of married life with my readers:
- Every week (even though you`re both snowed under with work or have other important matters to think about) find some quality time to spend together; whether it is just watching a movie, a soccer game, enjoying a meal out, cooking a meal together, or any activity which requires husband and wife enjoying the activity of 1-3 hours, together. Having common hobbies which you enjoy together does make this easier to achieve.
- Buy something for each other every month- a little gift (doesn`t need to be expensive) and if you run out of ideas, surprise your spouse!! For the wife, a bouquet of flowers from the local store is fine and for the husband, his favourite chocolate ice-cream (for my hubby it`s Magnum!)! It is important to show your appreciation for each other, not only in words but physically, in the form of a gift or anything else which springs to mind! 😉
- Share chores and work as a team. No one is better than the other, you are both in it together and must support each other as much as possible.
- Have a weekend (or a day if you can`t afford it) away together. Go to places you`ve never visited before and discover them together.
- Look at your wedding photos and dvd, as often as you can- they remind you of your special day and how ecstatic you both were and if you`re going through a rough patch (for any reason), this will give you the energy to continue working together as a couple and a team, an A team!
Those of you who are not married, can trial these on their partner and those single can use them as a guide!
Hope you find these tips useful! 🙂