Recently, I changed my job and this means that I need to catch a train and a bus to get to work.
The train journey theoretically should take around 20 minutes and then a bus ride of 10-15 minutes, so you may think that it`s not much of an ordeal. However the constant delays in public transport is a key factor here. I notice that every time I go to the station, there`s someone announcing, a delay for a particular train journey or two.
When you think that you dutifully pay your fare upfront and then they get away with the constant delays and simply saying ‘We apologise for any inconvenience caused!‘, it feels like they`re taking the mickey really!! Maybe we should be reimbursed for every single delay, since of course when we are late, no one waits for us!
Just felt a bit strongly about this delay business and how it increases pressure on people and if you get to work late, then you have to work later and of course originally you set out to be on time!
However, I don`t want to focus on the cons bit , which I must add also includes people bungling along with their bikes, so basically there are more bikes than people in some carriages!- Apologies to all you guys who need your bikes to commute but maybe train companies should look at having a bike compartment to make life easier for us non-bikers, as exists elsewhere in Europe!
There are some pros with commuting:
1. I get to travel with hubby both to and from work generally (unless I catch the wrong bus!)
2. You get to see such a myriad of different people and fashion ideas!
3. You are not constantly wary of others` driving and need to pay full attention to the road.
4. There`s no fighting over a car park place!
5. You can sit back and read the Metro or your book or Kindle or for some, even have a quick snooze!
So what`s your experience with commuting?